I’ve been a software engineering consultant for 10+ years. I’ve been directly involved with small businesses and startups getting their apps off the ground or back in shape!
My main motivation is community. I’ve actively worked with children, refugees as well as software builders both new and experienced.
I dedicate a significant amount of my time to organising conferences, workshops and other events aimed at helping empower folks in their tech journey.
A healthy community is critical to our success. Let me help you reach that AHA! moment.
- 🇨🇦 English spoken
- 🇨🇱 Se habla Español
- 🇦🇹 Deutschsprachig
- 🇫🇷 Eh... comme ci, comme ça
Problem Solving Skill Areas
Raspberry Pi, WiFi Modules
Meetups, conferences, workshops, open source
Node, React, Vue, Svelte
Heroku, Docker, Sentry, CI, AWS
Rails, Sinatra, Rubymotion
iOS, Swift, Android, Kotlin, React Native
Xcode, Objective-C, Swift
Ramon is a great engineer, very resourceful when it comes to dealing with new technologies (software & hardware) and an all around wonderful person to hang out with!
— Dražen Lučanin, developer, data analyst and the founder of Punk Rock Dev
I would put 5 stars for JS 😛
— Antonija Šimić, Frontend Developer
Developer Relations Contractor
Freelance Full Stack Web Engineer
Meet & Eathttps://meetandeat.takeaway.io/
Catering app and infrastructure
Devops and website maintenance
Consulting for Noetutgut and Notrufnoe
Rails Girls Summer of Codehttps://railsgirlssummerofcode.org/
Consulting, devops, app maintenance and feature additions
Punk Rock Devhttps://punkrockdev.com/
Consulting for Zoomero and Craftstrom devops, full stack web engineering
October 2009 - Present
- Applied clean code practices to existing web apps, simplifying the onboarding experience of first-time contributors.
- Applied test-driven development techniques to increase stability.
- Built full-fledged JSON APIs with self-made authentication, authorization as well as payment handling.
- Applied frontend frameworks to existing backends.
- Regular, security and feature-oriented dependency management, keeping up with development trends and removing unmaintained dependencies.
- Performed code reviews for pull requests on Github, collaborating with fellow maintainers and giving feedback to first-time contributors.
- Applied and maintained a readable, consistent git history using rebasing, merge commits, and other practices.
- Devops tasks, including deploying continuous integration tools, staging, deployment tools, test suite running, linting, review apps, monitoring and/or Docker.
- Implemented Agile practices, assisting in ticketing, organizing standups, kanban reviews.
- Introduced optimizations to improve web performance.
- Wrote and maintained codebase as well as API documentation.
Freelance macOS, Android and iOS App Developer
High-speed file renaming tool
Versatile archive file manager
Commercial solar panel mobile tool
iOS, Android, React Native
Bluetooth blood measuring tool
Platform for making video calls with doctors
iOS, Android, React Native
Guided meditation platform
iOS, Android, React Native
February 2011 - Present
- Developed and deployed major upgrades to existing apps, increased sales.
- Applied test-driven development techniques to ensure app stability.
- Developed and maintained a streamlined command line toolchain for building, testing and code-signing apps, increasing productivity.
- Prepared and maintained separate versions of apps for the Mac App Store in compliance with Sandbox rules.
- Documented and fixed issues reported by users using Redmine.
- Performed major React Native upgrades, along with dependency management.
Cofounder, Chief Technical Officer
June 2016 - June 2018
- Developed JSON market data API from the ground up.
- Wrote and maintained user and developer documentation.
- Wrote a business plan, SEO, market research, customer relations.
- Customer support in English, Spanish and German.
- Wrote press releases, resulting in increased web traffic.
B.Sc. Software Engineering
Vienna University of Technology
October 2007 - Present
Lemmings Summer and Winter Batch
Summer 2016, Early 2018
Introduction to Machine Learning
- Modules included - Software engineering and project management, artificial intelligence, distributed systems, information security.
- Seminar paper - The evolution of mapping tools and their implementations.
- Bachelor thesis - Teaching kids to code - Bridging the gap between scientific research and practical experience.
- Building Facebook Messenger Bots.
- Product Design.
- Building tokens on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Fundamentals - Refactoring (Beck, Fowler, 1999), UNIX in a nutshell (Robbins, 2005), Extreme Programming Explained (Beck, 1999), Working Effectively with Legacy Code (Feathers, 2004), Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby (Metz, 2007).
- Object Oriented Programming - Design Patterns (Gang of four, 1994).
- Programming Languages - Programming Phoenix (Tate, McCord, Valim, 2016), Programming Elixir (Thomas, 2014), The Rust Programming Language (Nichols, Klabnik, 2018), Learn You a Haskell for Great Good! A Beginner’s Guide (Lipovaca, 2011).
- Leading Meetups - Vienna.rb, Ruby Habits, Vienna BEAMers, Women Techmakers Vienna, Google Developer Group Vienna, React Vienna.
- Open Source Initiatives - Rails Girls Summer of Code, Where2Help.wien, Rails Girls, Global Diversity CFP Day, Women Techmakers.
- Coaching and Mentorship - Rails Girls workshops, Lemmings.io hackathons, RustBridge, teaching children to code.
- Conference Organizing - EuRuKo, IntoTech, Women Techmakers Vienna, DevFest Vienna